Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reflection on my friend's blog; Agnes

Reflection on my friend’s blog.

First of all, by looking at my friend’s blog, Agnes on the topic of Ages of Man, I think I am quite disagree with her opinion about the definition of life. This is because Life’s Brief Candle is not been the best poem for the definition of our live. It is due to the underlying meaning that the poet tends to deliver to his readers about what is life actually. What I understand about this poem, Life’s brief Candle is the poet actually compares the human’s life with a play and the human himself is the actor of the play. When the play is end, then the actor does not alive anymore. In other words, this poem is been emphasized more on the subject of death. Based on my interpretation of this poem, the people who alive in this world can take their own life easily. On the other hand, in reality, we cannot take our live for granted since we are only a human being who has no right to take our live easily. It is true that sometimes we have to think about death but we cannot obsessed towards it or think too much about it. As a conclusion briefly, Life’s Brief Candle is not been best describing for the definition of Ages of Man.

No comments: