Thursday, February 28, 2008

REFLECTION OF SHAKESPEARE WALLAH! MOVIE

REFLECTION OF SHAKESPEARE WALLAH! MOVIE


What I can say about a movie of Shakespeare Wallah! is, it is actually quite bored. This is because I do not really understand what the main character has said due to his accent. The main character in this drama is Sasshi Kapoor who played role as Sanju. Then, I do not know what message or main idea that this drama tends to deliver to its viewers. Nothing from this movie can surprise or impress me unlike Macbeth, which is the best movie that I have ever watched. Nevertheless, I have learnt something from this movie. It is when you have a strong passion towards something, you will loose your control and it can be destructive to yourself without you realize about it. Let me take an example from the trait of the main character, Sanju. Since he cannot stand his feeling and love towards Suzie, an English woman, he is willing to get fight with his own wife, Manjula by scolding her. His love towards his wife becomes fade when he meets Suzie. In my opinion, since he is unable to control his feeling and passion towards Suzie, he has lost respect from the other people. This is because Sanju is a respectful and famous person at his place. However, due to his uncontrollable passion towards Suzie, he has lost his temper by punching the other people who get close with Suzie even the men only her fans. As a result, this kind of behavior can lead to his fall without he realizes about it. That is why the moral value from this drama is your strong passion can be destructive not only to yourself but also to the other people surrounding you.

2 comments:

noor shazrina said...

I am agreed with Linda’s view about her experience while watching the movie. I think Linda is not the only person who facing trouble in understanding the movie as I also do not understand the plot of the movie. I am quite confused while watching the movie as I do not see any similarities between our lessons about Shakespeare’s play with the movie. While watching the movie I asked one of my friends to explain to me about the gist of the movie, unfortunately she also does not understand it. At last, I have made my decision to search in the internet about this movie. I am glad because I have found a comment about this movie that really helps me to understand what the movie is really about.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you, Miss Roslinda. The story is absolutely boring. No words can describe my feelings. First of all, maybe because of the accent used by the characters, then maybe because we can’t connect the play with our lesson in the class. There is nothing to do with the play, except for the ‘Shakespearian’ part. One question from me..Is Manjula her wife? I don’t think so, or else I might wrong. In my understanding, it is just Manjula whom admire him, not the way around and they have nothing to do with the husband and wife relationship. But then, I totally agree that “moral value from this drama is your strong passion can be destructive not only to yourself but also to the other people surrounding you”. Thanks =)