Thursday, February 28, 2008

REFLECTION OF MACBETH DRAMA BY WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

REFLECTION OF MACBETH DRAMA BY WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

As I watch a drama entitled Macbeth by William Shakespeare on Feb25, 2008, what I can say about this drama is it is very great and fabulous! Although before this, I do not like to watch war drama as for me all war dramas are extreme and only suitable for men to watch but when I start to watch Macbeth, I am very excited to know its ending. It is like a miracle because this drama has captured my interest and attention towards it. In other words, this drama is very impressive by having a strong plot and its own tragic flow, which has a great effect to me. Furthermore, during watching Macbeth, I am very excited to know what will happen next to some characters like Mac duff, Banquo and Macbeth himself. Honestly, this drama is very tragic since there are so many people who died horribly. This is because Macbeth is very cruel, selfish and greedy. In order to get power and be a king, he is willing to kill Duncan, who is the king of Codor at that time. He also has accused and killed the other two followers to kill the King Duncan. His greed of power has clouded his judgment and become an evil. Since he believes on oracle that has been suggested by three witches, he is willing to kill anybody who can deter him from being the king of Codor. As a result, he has asked his followers to kill Banquo and his son, Philians, who believe that their ancestors will inherit the throne of the king Codor. That is why the Macbeth’s followers have killed Banquo tragically while Philians gets to escape himself from the followers. Consequently, from his deed, Macbeth and his wife, Lady Macbeth has turned to crazy. Sometimes Macbeth cannot sleep comfort as he always gets a nightmare when he tends to sleep. Moreover, his wife also has committed suicide by falling down from the higher place in their castle. It is due to her unwillingness to bear the fear and pain cause by Macbeth’s bad behavior. Nevertheless, Macbeth slowly becomes more cruel as he does not fear when he hearing people yell especially when his wife is dead. That is been meant he has conquered his fear and become the cruelest in the world. In addition, he has killed Mac duff’s family and this cause to a big war between Macbeth with Mac duff, Malcolm and Seyton. Nevertheless, at the moment when the war is near to Macbeth castle, all his people has betrayed him by running away since they are frightened with Mac duff military. Finally, Macbeth has fought with the opponents military by his own without anybody’s help. As a result, he is been killed by Mac duff and thus Malcolm has been a king of Codor. In fact, this drama has a strong plot, theme and moral values for the viewers to think deeply. What I can learn from this drama is we as a human being must be grateful with what we have now. Furthermore, nothing gold can stay. It means that nothing can stay forever in this life. Life and death is like part of living and it is a cycle. Power also cannot remain forever. This natural process has caused this drama has its own tragic flow, which makes viewers to be excited to watch this drama. All in all, I like this drama, Macbeth very much. Well done William Shakespeare!!!

2 comments:

noor shazrina said...

As Linda said, this drama is great and fabulous because of its wonderful plot. Shakespeare manages to create curiosity from a scene where Macbeth meets three witches. Throughout the play, I wonder whether Macbeth believes in their saying that he will be the next king of Ireland. Besides that, I also want to know whether all the prediction by the witches will come true as they said that Banquo’s generation will also be king of Ireland. After all, I think this movie depends on the revelation of the truth to gain audiences’ interest of the play. Linda also said in her reflection of the movie that she watched the play attentively until the end to know about what will happen to Macbeth throughout the movie. I also think the rest of the class feels the same while watching this movie. This movie is not suitable for everyone and I think I am one of them as I do not like violent actions in the movie. As a conclusion, this movie has good moral value such as we should not be greedy in our life. Greedy can only bring destruction to us.

xiah_keera said...

Wow, first of all I’d like to express my amazement towards your strong memory of that movie’s story line and especially to the characters. True, if Dr. Edwin never forced us to watch these movies that he prescribes, I wouldn’t even think that I would be able to feel as I do on that day when we watch the movie. I wouldn’t be seeing the blood spill and the merciless of people at war. Macbeth is the character I despise most in that movie. How could he kill the King that he has worked with for a long time? Yes, I agree with your opinion that his greed for power has clouded his judgment and therefore, he becomes evil. To me, the best scene of that movie would be when Macduff and Macbeth went head to head and finally, Macbeth died. I don’t know why those people really rely on prophecies so much that they actually feel that there is no point in trying to change it anymore. I pity Lady Macbeth so much, though she is the ONE that pretty much led to the start of all the troubles. If only she never persuade Macbeth when he had second thoughts about killing the King, things would be better and she herself might live longer than she did. Anyway dear, how did you manage to recall so good?