Saturday, March 29, 2008

HOW I AM BEEN EVALUATED BY MY FRIENDS

HOW I AM BEEN EVALUATED BY MY FRIENDS

On last 28th of March 2008, I have done for my microteaching on Oedipus Rex. I have focused on Oedipus’s characteristics where I ask my students to underline phrases that resemble Oedipus’s characteristics in an extract given to them. Then, I ask them to list all the phrases that they have underline and then give interpretations for all those phrases. The final task that I give them to attempt is by identifying the interpretations based on Oedipus’s characteristics either they are positively or negatively connotated. For your information, during I am doing my microteaching, I feel happy because all my students pay a close attention towards me besides give a response while I am teaching them. In my opinion, it is not easy to get many positive feedbacks from your students if you do not know how to win their hearts. Most of them have said that my set induction towards learning is really interesting and related with the topic that I am going to teach them on that day. For the set induction, I have presented to them a slide show about Princess Diana, which then I compare her with the major character in Oedipus Rex, who is Oedipus. This is because both of them have many similarities in terms of leadership and humanity. That is why most of my students like my presentation since they admire Princess of Wales who is Princess Diana. Furthermore, my friends have evaluated my activities in pre and while reading as good and it can stimulate their thinking in learning process since I am well prepared for the teaching activity that is why most of the comments that I get from my friends is they said I am well prepared. Besides that, my voice also very loud and clear as students who sit at the back rows still can hear my voice clearly. Moreover, they also said that my instruction is clear, as they are easily to understand what I have asked them to do in the class since my language is good, clear and simple. They do not face any language difficulty or miscommunication during I am teaching them as I use most of the familiar vocabularies in my language. In addition, most of my friends who are also my students have said that my capability is I know how to attract students towards learning. That is why all my students give a full of cooperation during I am teaching them. Overall, I am satisfied with my microteaching, as I have done the best and acquire many positive feedbacks from my students (friends) about my teaching.

2 comments:

mimin said...

Linda, i think your idea on exposing the real side of princess diana for your set induction was amazing. it is because i am a fan of the princess herself. i believe that your set induction has attracted our classmates as you told them the values about her. i agree with you about your points on set induction. set induction is very important to attract the students attention. it brings out the students interest to learn more about the lesson.
all of us have done a pretty good job for our microteaching. thus i believe it helps us to be more aware as teachers for the future.

Farie N. said...

i think you have done a good job in choosing the character for your set induction. you choose a person that nearly all the students know who she is. this is important because they can connect their knowledge about the character with the knowledge that you are trying to teach them. the selection is important, because set induction should be something that can capture students' heart. and you did it. :)
overall your micro teaching is good, and this is where the advantage of evaluating someone goes to.
when we have chance to evaluate someone, on the same time we are aware of our own presentation. we will makesure the is no mistake and error, and on the same time we learn to be a better teacher. ^_^