Monday, January 28, 2008

Second Reflection.

For our second class, our lecturer has taught us about the history of theater and drama. May be for many students they will feel bore during the lesson since it is more about the introduction of theatre and drama in Greek and Roman. Nevertheless, for me it does not bore me as I have learnt many things during that lesson. This is because by listening to the lecture, I have acquired many inputs that make me to have background knowledge about the theatre and drama. For instance, I just know that actually, theatre is origin from Greek and there are two types of Greek theatre, which are Greek Tragedy and Greek Comedy. I think, if I do not take this course, I will not have any knowledge about theatre or drama since it is very important especially for future English teachers out there. This is because during the class, I have learnt about the history of theatre from all over the world. In other words, I have learnt many new things that I cannot get from the other classes. As a result, by having information about the theatre and drama, it is easier for me to learn about those topics in future when we go deeper on that since I am already having the prior knowledge about the topics. In a nutshell, I like this lesson as I acquire useful information and have learnt many things about the history of theatre and drama from throughout of the world.

No comments: